The CDSS course is designed to benefit people at all different levels of engagement in adaptive sport. Through their participation in the CDSS program, volunteers, coaches, and professionals can all demonstrate to employers and organizations that they are leaders in adaptive sport. The certification enhances existing credentials such as CTRS, CPRP, CAPE, PT, OT, and others.
- Full overview of the CDSS Program: CDSS Brochure
CDSS is now online!
BlazeSports is now offering the CDSS Level I & Level II Courses online. Learn the material at your own pace in your own home! Once registration is complete you have one year to complete the exam. All paperwork requirements (see below) must be met in order to receive access to the courses and exam.
Eligibility for CDSS Level I – must be at least 21 years of age and have one (1) sports season of verifiable direct service (professional/volunteer/internship) in adaptive sport/adapted physical activity/therapeutic recreation with persons with a physical disability.
Eligibility for CDSS Level II – must be at least 21 years of age, have a current CPR/First Aid Certification, and have one (1) year of verifiable direct service (professional/volunteer/internship) in adaptive sport/adapted physical activity/therapeutic recreation with persons with a physical disability.
CDSS Registration Materials for CDSS Level I and II
- Online Registration Form – once you register online for Level I or Level II, your registration form is complete.
After you have completed your online registration, please submit the following documents to email@example.com. Please allow 2 weeks for review of documents prior to receiving access to the CDSS online exam.
- A copy of your most recent resume
- A copy of any professional certifications you may have (i.e.,CTRS, teaching cert)
- A copy of your CPR certificate (Level II only)
- A copy of the SafeSport Certificate which you will receive once you complete the course at this link: http://safesport.org/take-the-training/ (The course is free. Register as a new user and place the course into your “cart”.)
- Completed Employment/Volunteer Verification Form
CDSS Renewal & Maintenance Forms
Bi-annual Maintenance: Every two (2) years, a Certified Disability Sport Specialist (CDSS) must submit a maintenance application and fee. The maintenance application and fee are due by the specialist’s expiration date. (Two years following the date of the CDSS award or renewal).
Re-certification: Every four (4) years, each CDSS is required to re-certify their credential. In order to re-certify, the CDSS must fulfill the requisite amount of direct service and continuing education credits for their CDSS Level designation.
Online Payment: CDSS Online Renewal/Recertification Form and Payment
- CDSS Renewal and Maintenance Process
- CDSS 2016 CEU Guide (NEW!)
- CDSS Renewal Form (if paying by check)
- CDSS Employment/Volunteer Verification Long Term Form
- CDSS Direct Service Verification Short Term Form
For more information, contact Mara Galic at firstname.lastname@example.org