EARN THE ONLY CERTIFICATION OF ITS KIND:
The Certified Adaptive Recreation and Sport SpecialistTM
The BlazeSports America Certified Disability Sport Specialist certification has been updated and replaced with a new certification, Certified Adaptive Recreation and Sports Specialist (CARSS)™. Developed with the expertise and input of a variety of professionals in the adaptive sports and recreation field, CARSS reflects more accurately where the field of adaptive sports and recreation has evolved. Core content areas of the CARSS certification include: history of adaptive sports & related laws; understanding disabilities & disability awareness; program planning, implementation & evaluation; risk management & injury prevention; partnership building; recruitment & promotion; adaptive equipment and facilities. The curriculum addresses the needs of children/youth, adults and veterans with various physical disabilities.
CARSS is offered as an online course with two certification levels. CARSS is not sport-specific and enhances existing certifications in sport, physical activity and therapeutic recreation such as Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists and Certified Inclusive Fitness Trainer. Through completion of our CARSS program, volunteers, coaches and other professionals can demonstrate to employers and organizations alike that they are leaders in adaptive sports and recreation program development.
CARSS Certification Covers the Following Core Areas:
- History of adaptive sports & related laws
- Disabilities & disability awareness
- Adaptive physical activity & recreation
- Program planning, implementation & evaluation
- Risk management & injury prevention
- Recruitment & promotion
- Partnership building
- Accessible facilities
- Adaptive equipment
BlazeSports America CARSS certification program goals:
- Prepare those new to adaptive sports and recreation to create and manage adaptive sport programs
- Increase the knowledge and core competencies of professionals currently working in the field
- Participants who complete the CARSS certification demonstrate to employers and organizations their commitment to serving as leaders in adaptive sports and recreation field and will enhance any existing credentials such as CTRS, CRRP, CAPE, PT, OT and others.
Certification is valid for 2 years from award date. In order to renew the certification, the CARSS holder must pay a $35 re-certification fee and obtain the required number of Continuing Education Units (CEU) (4.0 for Level I/8.0 for Level II) at the end of each two-year certification period. See Renewal and CEU Guide for more information on how to renew your credential.
For more information, contact:
Ashley Fallaize, MS, CDSS, CIFT, AAI
Manager of Training & Education
email: email@example.com | direct: 404-270-2029