The BlazeSports Aquathon will aim to raise funds for the overall swim program and to give individual competitive swimmers and families the opportunity to raise money to help pay for their meet entry fees and travel expenses. BlazeSports swimmers or who are non competitive and therefore do not have travel expenses can help raise funds for the overall swim program.
The Aquathon is also open to friends and families to get in the water and take part too!
REGISTER for the BlazeSports Aquathon!
Saturday April 18th 2015 2pm – 4pm.
Agnes Scott College, Swimming Pool
The $50 registration fee will go to BlazeSports and be designated to the swim program to cover coach fees, pool costs and administration costs. Aquathon participants will register as one of the following:
- A BlazeSports competitive swimmer raising money to cover your travel costs
- A friend/family member of a BlazeSports swimmer raising money to help with their travel costs
- A swimmer (BlazeSports or other) raising money for the overall BlazeSports Swim Program
How it works
- Swimmers will set their personal goal for the Aquathon based on their current swim level. E.g. swim 1 length, swim as many lengths in 2 hours etc.
- Swimmers obtain as many pledges as possible (for example $.50 per length or a suggested donation for completing their goal). Prior to the Aquathon, swimmers should solicit parents, relatives, neighbors, friends, work associates, and door-to-door in their neighborhood.
- Each swimmer will have two hours to complete their swim on the day of the Aquathon.
- Laps will be counted and recorded by a counter recruited by each swimmer. A lap counter sheet will be available at the Aquathon.
- After the Aquathon, pledges will be collected based on the actual number of lengths the swimmer swims or for completing their goal e.g. 1 length
Donations will be collected in one of the following ways:
1. A BlazeSports competitive swimmer raising money to cover your travel costs
Collect and keep your own donations.
2. A friend/family member of a BlazeSports swimmer raising money to help with their travel costs
Submit donations directly to the swimmer that you were fundraising for
3. A Swimmer (BlazeSports or other) raising money for the overall BlazeSports Swim Program
Submit a check to BlazeSports America
Contact Gillian Sharp
(404) 270 2034